Friday, 24 September 2010
ACTIVITY 1: FILL IN THE GAPS
Tyler: Gandhi said that whatever you do in_______will be______.
But it's very__________ that you do it
Girl: Officer, those two were just trying to stop it.
Cop: Go _______
Tyler: hey hey… I tend to agree with the________part
Charles: You could do worse than have a father who bails you out of ________
Tyler: I don't want to be bailed out of __________
Caroline: Why do you think dad doesn't want to_______ with me?
Charles: She knows I'll take care of her … That's all there is Tyler...
Tyler: That's all there is? It's not ________
Receptionist: You know you can't _________in here.
Tyler: Then, why do you have an ashtray?
Receptionist: It's a _________, it completes the room.
Tyler: I guess it was just here to tease me.
Tyler's friend: You've been a_________ .These past couple of weeks, alright? You don't want to go out _______.I've had enough of this introvert stuff, OK? I'm ready to set up an intervetion here!
ACTIVITY 2: JOIN THE CORRECT ANSWER
1.Who´s Ally? A. She´s the cops´s daughter
2.What does Ally have first in meals? B. Because her father disapproves their relationship.
3.What kind of food does Tyler prepare for Ally? C. A chocolate cake
4.What is Tyler wearing when he´s in the restaurant? D. He´s wearin a dark suit, white shirt and a dark tie.
5.Why do you think Ally leaves her house? E. 22
6.What´s Ally´s real name? F. Dessert
7.How old is Tyler? G. Emilie de Ravin
Activity from anglesonline
Thursday, 16 September 2010
GUY FAWKES´ NIGHT
ST DAVID´S DAY
ST GEORGE´S DAY
ST ANDREW´S DAY
ST PATRICK´S DAY
APRIL FOOL´S DAY
Tuesday, 14 September 2010
What can you see at the beginning of the trailer?
Explain the relationship between the man and the woman. Are they a couple? How do you know that?
Describe the woman´s feelings with her fiancé and with the main male character in the film.
Name the main differences you can see in relation to the beginning and the end of this trailer.
Wednesday, 8 September 2010
1.What time did Mr. Bean get up? __________________________
2. Why did he get up late? ________________________________
3. Where did he put his alarm clock? ________________________
4. Was Mr. Bean fully awake when he got up? __________________
5. What did Mr. Bean do with the curtains?____________________
6. After opening the curtains, what did he do next? ______________________________
7. What kind of appointment did he have at 9:00 A.M?__________________________
8. What clothes did Mr. Bean take off in the car? _________________________________
9. What clothes did he put on? ______________________
10. Did he brush his teeth? ________________________________
11. Who did he see when he got out of the car? _______________________
12. Why was the police officer looking at his trousers? ___________________________
14.Was he late for his appointment? ___________________________________
15. Who did he first meet at the dentist’s clinic? _______________________________
16. What did the nurse tell him? _______________________
17. What book did he want to read? ______________________
18. Who was reading the comic book? ____________________
19. How did he get the comic book from the boy? ____________________________________
20. What happened when he started reading the comic book?____________________________
21. What is a syringe? Who uses it?____________________
Before watching the video. Answer the following questions:
1. Where did you spend your last holiday?
2.What did you do in this place you went to?
3.How did you get there?
4.Who did you go with?
5.Where did you spend the night?
6. What is your most memorable holiday? Why?
LET´S TALK ABOUT TRAVELLING
1. What do you do when you first arrive at the hotel?
2.Who do you usually meet at the reception?
3.What do people do at the reception when they first arrive at the hotel?
4.Have you ever checked into a hotel?
5.What information do people usually fill into the form at the reception?
6.What things do people usually take along when they travel?
Hotel, reception,check in, fill a form, suitcase,bellhop ( bellboy), guest,elevator/lift, forget, button,steering wheel, remote control, corridor, pretend, drawer,switch,receptionist,tip, I.D card, driving license, passport, drill, teddy bear,change channels,jump, switch on and off,duvet,complain,stand on,blindfold,a pair of socks, a pair of jeans, receptionist,mattress,
Complete the following exercise with the vocabulary above ( according to their meaning):(TO DO IN CLASS)
things or places in a building/bedroom/hotel:
people or jobs:
things in a bedroom:
things we do:
Mr Bean at the hotel
Answer these comprehension questions( HOMEWORK)
1. What does Mr. Bean want to do at the hotel reception?
2. What does the bellhop want from him?
3. What does he do with the switch when he gets into the room?
4. Who gets into the room first? Mr. Bean or the other guest?
5. What does he hear when he picks up the phone?
6. What was Mr. Bean doing before the bellhop knocked on his door?
7. Why does the bellhop clear his throat? What does he want?
8. What does Mr. Bean think? What does he offer him?
9. What device does Mr. Bean find on the TV? What is it used for?
10. Who comes out to the corridor and why?
11. What does Mr. Bean pretend to do?
12. What does he take out of his suitcase? Where does he put it? What happens?
13. What other things does he take out of his suitcase?
14. Can you hear an animal? Do you know what it is?
GROUP TASK( TO DO IN CLASS): Work in groups and create dialogues for the receptionist, Mr Bean and the bellhop. What did they have to say that they didn´t say in the movie?
A) Learn these useful words: garden,bread,hot water bottle,sneeze,scissors,spin,surface,take out,overcoat,spices,butter,food item,armpit,squeeze,crush,scrape,lettuce,first,second,third,next,then,finally.
Language focus: adverbs of sequence: first,second,next,finally...
Skills focus: describing a sequence.
B) Answer the following questions:
1. What does Mr. Bean do when he first gets into the garden?
2.What does he want to do?
3.What does the man sitting next to him offer?
4.What food item dies he take out of his overcoat first?
5.What does he do then?
6.What does he do after cutting the bread?
7.What does he use to scrape the surface of the butter?
8.After putting the butter on the sandwich, what does Mr. Bean take out next?
9.What does he do with the lettuce?
10.After spinning the lettuce in his sock, what does he do next?
11.What does he take out next?
12.What does he do with it?
13.What does he take out next?
14.What does he do with the spices?
15.After putting the spices on the sandwich what does he take out then?
16.Where does he put the hot water bottle?
17.What does he next take out?
18.What does he do next?
19.What happens finally?