LESSON 2 : questions and order ( estaban corregidas)
GIVE A SYNONYM
Opportunity- chance continue - keep on/ carry on
Permit –let/ allow Probability: possibility
Illness-disease/ sickness hard- difficult/ soft
Aim: goal/ objective/ aim proof -evidence
Intention -purpose Shut down- close
Desire- wish duty-obligation
GIVE AN ANTONYM
Increase -decrease helpful-helpless
Temporary -permanent Health -disease
Heavy -light weakness-strength
Carelessly -carefully Disagree - agree
Painful-painless quietly- loudly/ noisily
Empty-full higher_ lower
Huge -tiny Public-_ private
Forbid- let/ allow / permit ban- permit/ let / allow
Break- fix/ repair/ mend land (v) - take off
similarity - difference
NO ESTUDIAR LOS TRES EJERCICIOS FINALES DE ESTA FICHA
3. A fast runner/ athlete that he won easily
4. Will have disappeared
5. What do you want me to say?
6. To /
7. They would have been better trained. ( por ejemplo)
9. They didn’t pay the plumber when he finished
10. Have improved
11. They would be more sociable. ( por ejemplo)
12. I would look for it ( por ejemplo)
14. Had complained
15. Ann said that all her life she had had a temper and she had got …
18. A new system for lie detection has been developed by scientists.
19. Had stolen
21. She asked if he had gone to the museum the day before / the previous day.
22. This is the story of a man whose wife is losing her memory.
24. a noisy party that...
25. to sleeping
27. had taught
28. have you met the girl who is going out with Ted?
29. Although it's snowing, she wants to go for a walk.
31. hot enough
33. she got her new book printed yesterday.
34. We had our tuna pizza delivered yesterday
35. have told
37. please, take me to the shopping centre where your mother works.
38. Why did she leave?
40. she would have failed the exam ( por ejemplo)
42. cheap enough
43. susan told her son to put on his scarf if he was going out
44. one of Picasso's first drawings is being offered to the clients by the gallery owners.
45. To take
46. to tell
47. lived/ been living
48. to smoke
49. all the women who were killed were prostitutes.
50. “ I'm going to live in Murcia next week”, she said.
LESSON 5 ( PHRASAL VERBS)
1. look after
2. get up
3. looking for
4. give up
5. turn on
6. fill in
7. try on
8. take off
9. turn down
10. takes after
11. turned up
12. made up
13. broke up
14. took off
15. got away with
16. passed away
17. put on
18. look up
19. broke down
20. slow down
21. broke into
22. ran into
23. cheer up
24. look out
25. turn off
26. called off
Estudiaros bien la ficha Lesson 2.