Friday 27 March 2020

2BHCS. Answers. Friday 27 th March

REWRITE WITH THE CORRECT MODAL PERFECT.

      1)      Maybe he learned Spanish as a child.

He may/ might have learnt / learned Spanish as a child

      2)      It was a mistake to ask him to do it.

You shouldn't have asked him to do it.

      3)      I am sure that Peter didn’t enjoy his holiday.

Peter can't have enjoyed his holiday.

      4)      It is posible that the teacher saw me.

The teacher may / migth have seen me.

      5)      It was unnecessary for you to study this unit.

You didn't have to study this unit / didn't need to study this unit/ needn't have studied this unit.

      6)      It was a bad idea to park outside the train station.

We shouldn't have parked outside the train station.

      7)      I think you were wrong to buy the new car.

You shouldn't have bought the new car.

      8)      It’s posible that I left the English book at home because it’s not here.

I may / might have left the English book at home...

9     9)      Maybe she didn’t mean what she said about you.

She may/ might not mean what she said about you.

      10)   I’m sure that your classmate took your jacket by mistake.

Your classmate must have taken your jacket by mistake.

MODAL OR MODAL PERFECT? REWRITE THE SENTENCES    
       
1      1)      I suppose you are tired after your cruise.

You must be tired after the cruise

         2)      I’m sure he was too tired to go to the concert.

He must have been tired to go to the concert 

        3)      I regret having behaved so badly during the lesson.

I shouldn't have behaved so badly during the lesson 

       4)      The students aren’t allowed to bring the mobile phones to school.

The students mustn't / can't bring the mobile phones at school.

       5)      I didn’t finish reading the book because I was watching TV.

I wasn't able to finish/ couldn't finish reading the book ...


Fill in the gaps with the modal verbs below.

should have told /May be/ can’t have gone/ should have stopped / Must be / could run / can’t be / should take

  1. The kids are calm today. They  MUST BE tired.
  2. The phone is ringing. It  MAY BE Mary. She promised she would call.
  3. John had a terrible accident. He   SHOULD HAVE STOPPED when the traffic lights were red.
  4. I didn't know you needed help. You    _SHOULD HAVE TOLD me.
  5. I am so tired. I need some rest. I think I SHOULD TAKE a week off.
  6. He   COULD RUN so fast when he was young.
  7. Nancy    CAN'T HAVE GONE on holiday. I have just met her in the street.
  8. He  CAN'T BE French. His French is terrible

No comments:

Post a Comment