Monday 23 March 2020

2BHCS. Homework 23rd March

Morning! Are you doing ok? Well, today we'll do two readings ( Mobile phones and Smoking in pubs)) do the True/ false exercise and the vocab. They're in the photocopies I gave you.

After that, we'll do the following exercise on tenses.

TENSES

1     1.      They _____ ( be) in Chicago for 20 years.
       2.      I_________ (see) a wonderful film in the cinema last night.   
       3.      The sun __________(rise) at 6.38 yesterday morning.
       4.      The sun ____________( shine) when the climber reached Mount Everest.
       5.      I promise that I___________( not tell) this secret to anyone.
       6.      Unfortunately, just as we got to the airport their plane _______(take) off.
       7.      They_______( go) to the movies only once in a while.
       8.      I was tired yesterday because I _______( not sleep) well the night before.
      9.      Shhhhhhhh! Someone _______( listen) to our conversation!!!
     10.   When I left the house this morning, it _________( already rain)
     11.   I think Bob________( leave) for London this very moment.
     12.   The plane ________________(take) off in a few minutes.
      13.   I_____( not wear) my watch because it is being fixed.
     14.    This ___________(be) an easy quiz so far.
     15.   They _____________(live) in an apartment right now because they can’t find a cheap house.
     16.   Everyone____________(sleep) when the earthquake hit the small town.
      17.   She _______(live) by herself since her divorce.
     18.   I was angry that I _______________(make) such a stupid mistake.
     19.   I predict that by 2025, man_______________(land) on Mars.
     20.   He _______(quit) his job a couple of years ago.
     21.   Our daughter _____________(not graduate) from university yet.
     22.   They ________________(not send) any Christmas cards last year.
     23.   She___________(go) to a doctor once a year for an examination.
2    24.   This time tomorrow, I ____________(give) online lessons to my students.
     25.   By the time we get to the party, Andrew_________(eat) everything.
     26.   By the time we got to the party, Andrew___________(eat) everything.
     27.   Paul _____________(be) at sea 7 days by the time he enters French waters.


 I'll post the answers later.


No comments:

Post a Comment